by Susan D. Wynn
Remember Weebles, those toys that "wobble
but they don't fall down"?
Well, I got the idea, when I was first diagnosed,
that I was becoming a Weeble (haven't fallen down yet). Herewith are
Weeble-isms that I think all MSers can relate to:
Here's our Weeble Pledge:
- Weeble bees - Those buzzing sensations we get
- Weeble needles - What we (or others) poke us
- Weeble deeds - The things we Weebles do
- Weeble-minded - The "duh" factor -
neurons not firing
- Weeble wobbles - We get them, but hopefully, we
don't fall down!
- Feeble weebles - Weak Weebles
- Weeble dribbles - Leaky plumbing
- Weeble heebie jeebies - Say that 3 times fast!
This is when we just can't sit still.
- Weeble Tree-mors - What I have (tremors)
- Weeble peers - Fellow Weebles
- Weeble knees - Weak knees
- Weeble weenies - What Weebles eat at barbecues
- Able Weebles- What we are, despite MS symptoms
- Weeble ramblings - Hmmm, my train of thought
just choo-chooed away!
- Weeble weepies - What we get when we are sad
- Weeble doubting - When our self-esteem level
- Weeble "woe-is-me's"- When we're
feeling sorry for ourselves
- Weeble wallowing - Weeble woe-is-me
- Weeble whims - Logic? Hmmm, I forgot what that
- Weeble whoopsies - Weeble boo-boo's (ouch!)
- Weeble boo-boo's - Weeble whoopsies (what did
- Weeble wishes - Good ones, Weeble to Weeble (and
to others, too)
- Weeble coaster - Yikes! New symptoms! Yay! I
feel better! Yikes! New symptoms! Yay, I feel better! And so on . . .
- Weeble rings & bongs - Tinnitus (ringing in
- Weeble wee - What we do a lot of! (I know, a
- Weeble frenzies - What happens when we stress
- Weeble flop - What Weebles do at the end of the
- Weeble geezers - Old Weebles
- Weeble warped - What our senses of humor are!
- Weeble woozies - When we're dizzy
- Weeble wiggles - When we can't sit still (see
Weeble heebie jeebies)
- Weeble labels - What others sometimes place on
- Weeble helpers - Docs and nurses that treat us
- Weeble wisdom - What we gain, with experience
- Weeble whoopie - What we make :)))
- Weeble squeezes - Our 'significant others'
- Weeble bobbles - The dropsies!
- Weeble ware - Assistive devices
- Weeble wheels - Wheelchairs Weeble waddling -
The way I walk on 'bad days'
- Weeble shuffle - The OTHER way I walk on 'bad
- Weeble words - Wrong words! Tomato instead of
Tornado, Republicans instead of Racoons!
- Weeble babble - A whole series of wrong words,
as in, 'I really liked today's message about the Bower of Table. It was gilly
- Weeble whipped - What we are when we are
We, as members of We Be Weebles, will live by the
Weeble Creed, as we all ride on the Weeble Coaster of MS. We will provide our
Weeble Peers with Weeble Words of Wisdom, steer them clear of Weeble
Woe-is-me's and Weeble Weepies, and help to make them Able Weebles, each in
their own Weeble Way. We will give our Weeble Squeezes all the Weeble love we
have, doing good Weeble Deeds wherever we can, even after we've become Weeble